The first method is the Registry Editor method.
- In the start menu, click the Run option and type regedit.
- Press Enter.
- A new window will open up with the title Registry Editor
- Then you will have to go to the key given below:
- On the right side of the window DWORD, Enable Messenger Ad can be viewed; it is set as 1. Double click it and set it to 0. That’s it! Your ads are blocked now.
- If this technique does not work then the method explained in Step 2 can also be followed.
Disabling ads with the help of Hosts file.
- First you will have to download the Host Mechanic through this link.
When the download is complete, run the file.
- A window with the title Host Mechanic will appear on your screen, enable the 127.0.0.1 and type insider.msg.yahoo.com in "Site."
- Then click Add to Host.
- Start your Yahoo Messenger; you will not see the annoying ads again.