If you fall sick, you are responsible for informing your workplace or your manager so that your work does not suffer due to your unplanned absence. Most companies require employees to submit a sick leave application, which is then processed by the human resources department.
Here we will not only tell you how to write a sick leave application letter but also provide you a sample and a template for your own use.
Writing a sick leave letter for official purposes is very simple. Start with the main point i.e., you are sick and need a leave. Then give a small description of what you are suffering from and the expected time for recovery.
In the end you can share how you plan to manage your workload or catch up with it when you get back, and then sign off the letter after thanking your supervisor or manager for his/her time.
Tips for Writing a Sick Leave Application Letter
- Maintain a formal tone throughout.
- Don’t go into the details of your illness.
- Make sure you give an expected time of recovery.
- Give a plan to manage your existing workload.
- Offer medical records or transcripts to validate your request.