A KitchenAid mixer is the best stand mixer you can buy for several reasons. I bought my mother a KitchenAid stand mixer a few years ago because she loves to bake. Whether you love to bake or just want a perfect bowl of whipped potatoes, the KitchenAid stand mixer is for you. Here are ten reasons why I think KitchenAid stand mixers are the best mixers money can buy.
1. Power: You can buy KitchenAid stand mixers with power levels ranging from 250 watts in the Classic Series up to 575 watts in their Professional 600 Series. For most cooks the 250 watt Classic Series KitchenAid stand mixer will do just fine, saving you about $200.
2. Power Levels: Now with all the power that KitchenAid stand mixers have it’s important to be able to easily control that power. KitchenAid stand mixers have 10 power levels, allowing you to easily mix in dry ingredients without giving your kitchen a coating of powdered sugar.
3. Stiff Dough: Most mixers, even stand mixers have a problem with things like bread and cookie dough, especially when it comes to kneading the bread dough and mixing in ingredients such as chocolate chips, but not a KitchenAid stand mixer. KitchenAid stand mixers have enough power to easily knead your bread dough and incorporate those chocolate chips.
4. Attachments: KitchenAid stand mixers have a power hub that allows you to attach a variety of kitchen gadgets. KitchenAid makes several attachments for their stand mixers, ranging from meat grinders to ice cream makers.
5. Quality: Are you worried about the price of a KitchenAid mixer? Most people really do change their minds after seeing the price, but there are several things to remember when you see that price. First of all, you pay for quality. Second, KitchenAid stand mixers have been passed down for several generations, so your grandchildren will be able to use this stand mixer long after you’re gone. Not to mention KitchenAid stand mixers are built to last. I’ve come across several stand mixers that are light as feathers, but KitchenAid stand mixers weigh at least 20 pounds.
6. Colors: Most people love to have appliances that will match their kitchen. With most stand mixers you are forced to choose between black and white, talk about exciting. With the KitchenAid stand mixer you’ll be able to choose from Chrome to Copper to Pink to Tangerine to Baby Blue, and that is just a few choices.
7. Warranty: Are you still thinking about the cost of a KitchenAid mixer? Consider this then, if your KitchenAid mixer tears up within the first year, KitchenAid will replace it free of charge. This includes picking up the old mixer and dropping off the new stand mixer. You will not have to pay shipping charges to return the old appliance or receive the new one.
8. Uses: Are you afraid you won’t use a KitchenAid stand mixer enough to justify spending over $150 for the Classic Series? A KitchenAid stand mixer comes in handy for every meal from breakfast to snacks to lunch to supper; you’ll find uses for your KitchenAid stand mixer. For breakfast why not use the whisk blade and make fluffy omelets? For supper make a wonderful bowl of whipped mashed potatoes and for dessert make whipped cream for sundaes in a flash.
9. Large Capacity: KitchenAid stand mixers come with a huge stainless steal bowl and can mix large amounts in very little time. You won’t spend time cleaning up cookie dough that came over the edge of your mixing bowl.
10. Mixing Action: With the KitchenAid stand mixer there is no need to scrape the side of the mixing bowl. The mixing head moves round and round coming within a dimes width of the side of the bowl, insuring that you won’t have to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
If a KitchenAid stand mixer has been on wish list for quite sometime, why not go ahead and treat yourself this Christmas? You’ll be glad you did. Especially if you buy it before the holidays, talk about making the holidays much easier.