One-Cup Drip Coffee
- Take the coffee filter and put it inside the coffee filter cone. You can use a funnel instead of the cone as well. However, make sure the funnel you are using can withstand the heat of boiling water. It is also better to have a cone-shaped coffee filter but you can use the other ones and improvise them to fit the funnel as well.
- Place the funnel over the top of the coffee mug and measure some ground coffee into the filter. The quantity of grounded coffee will depend upon your taste; add more coffee for a stronger taste and use smaller quantity of ground coffee for a weaker taste.
- Put some water in a kettle and boil it properly. Now slowly pour the boiling water into the funnel and onto the coffee grounds, letting it filter into the mug.
- Take about half a cup of ground coffee and add a beaten raw egg to it. This will let the coffee stick together and keep it clear.
- Pour half a cup of water to the mixture of coffee grounds and egg you have made and stir vigorously.
- Add three cups of water to a stove top coffee pot. You can also use a simple household pot as well. Add the coffee-egg mixture to the boiling water.
- Put the pot back on the stove and keep heating it, stirring it continuously.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the contents settle for five minutes. Clear coffee will float on the top while the coffee grounds and egg mixture coagulate sits at the bottom of the pot. Pour off the coffee from the top and enjoy!