The procedure mentioned in this article will allow you to access Hotmail inbox through desktop email software.
You will have to create a new account and then type the information mentioned below:
- In the Incoming POP3 server field type: pop3.live.com
- In the Incoming Server POP Port field type: 995
- Incoming Server POP SSL Encryption Checkbox: you will have to check this box.
For the outgoing server type the data as stated below:
- In the Outgoing Server (SMTP Server) field type: smtp.live.com
- In the Outgoing Server SMTP Port field type: 25
- Outgoing Server Authentication checkbox: check this box
Check the Outgoing Server TLS or SSL Secure Encrypted Connection checkbox.
In the field of username you will have to type your Hotmail email address.
In the field of Password type Hotmail email address’ password.
Now you are able to access your Hotmail account through desktop email software.
In order to have Hotmail on your mobiles and handheld devices guides to set up Hotmail on Nokia, Hotmail setup for Symbian, Android Hotmail Setting and Hotmail setting for iPhone will assist you in establishing the correct IMAP and POP3 connections.
You can also access Hotmail on Gmail , Yahoo and other web services using same settings.