Tabbouleh with Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
It’s a middle Eastern salad that is just as rich as the countries in the region. It is made with bulghur wheat which is a good source of starch (carbohydrate). The other main ingredient mentioned in the name is goat cheese which is rich in protein and calcium. Goat’s cheese is also lower in fat content than Cheddar and Parmesan.
No doubt, it’s a good hearty dish that is fulfilling enough as a light meal when served with Pitta bread. Try it out and you wont miss the time you spent in the kitchen for the preparation because it is too good. Our step by step recipe has all you need to make yourself a wonderful meal.
Serving size: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Utensils needed: mixing bowl, sieve, four serving platters
– 280 g (10 oz) bulghur wheat
– 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
– 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped
– 10 cm (4 in) piece of cucumber, seeded and chopped
– 1 large carrot, grated
– 5 tbsp chopped parsley
– 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
– 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
– 1 small fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
– 200 g (7 oz) rindless soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
– salt and pepper
– Lemon and cumin dressing
– ¼ tsp ground cumin
– 1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– lettuce leaves
– 12 radishes, sliced
Pour hot water over the bulghur in a mixing bowl. Keep it covered for around twenty minutes so that the grain goes tender.
While the bulghur takes its time, make the dressing in the interval. In a small bowl whisk together the Cumin, garlic and lemon juice. Add the olive oil to it.
Drain the water from the bulghur. Use a sieve to drain it completely. Return the bulghur to the mixing bowl and add the pepper, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, carrot, parsley, coriander and mint and chili. Mix in the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Stir well so that everything melds together well.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on the four platters and scoop up the bulghur on them. Sprinkle handsome amount of goat's cheese. Garnish with radish in the end.