Most of the members of my family are bookworms and that includes me. We spend most of our free time reading and love gifts that revolve around our passion. If you have a bookworm in your life and have no idea what to get them for Christmas, here are ten great ideas.
1. A Book Light: Most bookworms read late into the night, which can be a real pain for their partners who are trying to sleep. Why not let that partner get their well deserved rest and get the bookworm in your life a book light for Christmas. A well made book light will allow the bookworm in your life to easily see what they are reading in the dark, without having to constantly reposition the light. I highly suggest a robotic book light that has a bright LED light.
2. Bookmarks: Bookworms do not like to fold the corner of a page in their favorite book, instead they want a bookmark. Instead of your bookworm using the closet magazine insert, why not buy them a fancy bookmark for Christmas? You can find bookmarks that are from their favorite books, such as Harry Potter. You can also find bookmarks that are gold-plated, making for a really fancy Christmas gift.
3. Special Editions: Finding a special edition of your bookworms’ favorite book will make them really happy this Christmas. Special editions usually have different covers or come with fancy slipcovers. Some may have even been signed by your bookworms’ favorite author.
4. Movies: Granted some movies that have been made from books really aren’t that good, some don’t even stick the story line at all. Then there are some that are pure gold. They stick to the book almost word-for-word. These make the perfect Christmas gift for the bookworm in your life.
5. Gift Certificates: Christmas wouldn’t be the same without gift certificates. Gift certificates save us from buying a Christmas gift someone will not like. Bookworms like a variety of books, but that doesn’t mean picking out a book as a Christmas gift is easy, in fact it’s almost impossible. This is why you should buy the bookworm in your life a gift certificate. This way they can find a book they really want, not something you thought they would want.
6. Rare Editions: Sometimes the bookworm in your life will stumble upon a rather old book and just love it. The copy they have came either came from a used bookstore or is a paperback edition from Wal-Mart. They’ve read it several times and it has become one of their favorites and is now falling apart. This Christmas, surprise them with a first edition of that book. This may take a lot of research and hours spent online, but it will be worth it.
7. Collections/Sets: If the bookworm in your life loves a certain author or a series of books, why not buy them the collection/set of those books this Christmas? The bookworm in your life is probably buying books one at a time, buying them the whole series will save lots of money and they won’t have to wait to find the next book in the series after finishing one up.
8. Bookends: To display the great set of books you just bought your bookworm for Christmas, why not also get them a fancy set of bookends for Christmas? For example, you can find some great bookends for Harry Potter fans that would look great on either end of the Harry Potter set.
9. A Book Signing: So your bookworms’ favorite author is coming to the local bookstore? What a perfect opportunity to snatch up the perfect Christmas gift. You can either bring your bookworm along to meet their favorite author, which would be preferable or you can just buy the authors new book and have them sign it for the bookworm in your life.
10. A Tote Bag: This may sound silly, but really, this is a very useful Christmas present for the bookworm in your life. Bookworms go to the library several times a month and usually get several books each time. Most of the time they are left picking up the books that have been scattered all over their car, on the way home from the library. Make the trip easier for the bookworm in your life and buy them a tote bag. Not only will it make it easier for them to get their books home, but it will also make the trip to the car easier. The books won’t get wet and your bookworm won’t fall down the steps because their pile of books is so huge they can’t see over them.
Every bookworm wants accessories and hard to find books. Be kind to the bookworm in your life this Christmas and find gifts that they’ll love and appreciate.