It can save quite a bit of time and money when you automate your retail store. It is important to realize that you probably get sales from at your Internet retail store all hours of the night and day since it is open for business twenty four hours a day. You can make money even when you are asleep at night since people from different time zones in the world purchase products over the Internet during the night too.
1. You can have your e-mail set up with a auto responder. This will send out a brief short message that you wrote that you will inform the customer with the basic information such as that you received their email and when to expect a respond back. This will help the customer feel better knowing that you in fact did get their e-mail regarding any questions or comments that they may have.
2. You can have the sales cart generate a receipt with a confirmation code for the customer to print out after the purchase has been completed successfully. This will be a win win situation since you can have your merchant account set up so that you receive payment from the customer immediately without having to manually process the information. It will save you time and therefore generate more sales long term since you don’t have to process payment information manually such as credit card information along with any electronic checks.
3. Have your inventory system automatically notify you when you need to reorder some more merchandise. It is a nifty feature to have since it help you save time and not have to be a hassle since the inventory system will keep track of everything for you automatically.
4. You can have a newsletter or a mailing list set up for your Internet retail store that is automatic. You can write the message and then have it sent out automatically on the day that you specify each month in advance. This a great way to keep in contact with customers and to generate more sales by having repeat customers.
5. If you use a drop ship service then you can generate to have the orders automatically set up so that they can sent to the drop shipper. The orders can be processed more quickly and your customers will be impressed with your Internet retail store.
6. You can set up your shopping card to send you an e-mail automatically to notify you when a customer has purchased a product. This will save you time and waste less time. You can even have notifications sent to your cell phone telling you about new e-mails instantly.
7. If you sell ebooks then make sure it is automatically available for download instantly after a customer has purchased an ebook. Make sure the customer doesn’t have to wait for a e-mail to be sent from you unless it is an automatic e-mail instantly.
8. Make sure to have a telephone number that customers can call you at that isn’t automated. It will impress your customers that they can actually talk to a real person instantly without having to go through an automated phone system. You don’t want your customers to get upset with an automated phone system so make sure that you don’t have one especially if you are selling products to senior citizens.
9. Make sure that your credit card merchant instantly automatically puts the money into your business bank account immediately. Don’t get a merchant account that puts a automatic hold on a credit card with double or triple the original purchase amount. You don’t want to upset your customers by having the credit card merchant hold more than the original amount of the purchase.
10. If you have any ebooks on your Internet retail store for sell then make sure to supply the customer with any special key codes. You don’t want the customer to have to wait to receive a key code in order to read an ebook. You want the customer to be able to buy a ebook and read it without much hassle.