The 10 Best Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit
I will be the first to admit, I get really depressed every year when the holiday season hits. I’ve had a number of deaths happen around that time in past years, and it usually takes me to a really dark place. But this year, I’m determined to get out of my holiday funk and get into the spirit of things. That’s why I’ve compiled my list of the top 10 things we need to do to feel happier during the holiday season. It’s tough on a lot of us, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Drink some eggnog by a fire. Some things are meant to be savored only certain times of the year. Eggnog is one of these things.
- Have a Christmas decorating party. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors to help string the lights.
- Watch a funny holiday movie. Nothing says holidays like a Chevy Chase movie. Some of the best movies come out during the holiday season.
- Volunteer as a bell ringer for the Salvation Army. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than giving your time to someone who needs it.
- Adopt a family in need. Make sure they have the best holiday season of their lives. By giving to somebody else, you will feel better.
- Make a funny family Christmas portrait. Send it with a funny family letter to all of your relatives and friends.
- Go to a Christmas play at a local church. Hearing all the Christmas songs being sung will give you that holiday spirit.
- Buy some gift cards and pay for the purchases of strangers. Nothing feels better than doing something good for someone you’ve never met before. The surprised looks on their faces are priceless.
- Make homemade candy and cookies. The whole kitchen will smell like fresh gingerbread.
- Take a drive through other neighborhoods to look at their Christmas decorations. You will be inspired to decorate your own house.