Dubai Sports City started its journey as an idea in the minds of Abdulrahim Al Zarooni, Abdulrahman Bukhatir and Abdulrahman Falaknaz. The project was part of the rulers of Dubai's vision of making the city a sporting hub for countries in the region and beyond. Master developers Dubai Properties are at the helm of the project which is still under construction. However, some major parts of Dubai Sports City have been completed. The Ernie Els designed golf course was completed in 2008. The cricket stadium was inaugurated in 2009 and is already acting as the home ground for the Pakistan cricket team and has hosted several cricket series.
Things to Do at Dubai Sports City
- Watch a match at one of the four stadiums
- Attend musical and concert event at the arenas
- Visit one of the cricket, golf, hockey, swimming or rugby academies
- Check out the high performance center or the sports medicine center
- Play a few rounds of golf at the Els Club
- Go shopping at the many malls and retail areas
The operational hours of Dubai Sports City are dependent on sports events and other programs. Click Here to get a list of events and their details.
How to Contact Dubai Sports City
To get details of specific departments of Dubai Sports City check out the directory here. For general questions use the following:
Telephone: +971 4 425 1111
Fax:+971 4 425 1100
Next to Autodrome, Emirates Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
How to get to Dubai Sports City
Dubai Sports City currently does not have any metro or bus stops nearby. The best way to reach the location is by private taxi or chartered car.