Firstly, you will obviously need to decide when you wish to visit Dubai. It is important that you clear up your engagements in advance if you want to make full use of the visit visa time period.
The Maximum duration for the visa will be 30 days and will cost you AED 275. The visa can be extended for an additional 30 days for a cost of AED 710. This gives you a total of 60 days in Dubai. If you want to stay longer than the maximum 60 days, you will have to exit the country first.
You will need the following documents to apply for the tourist visa to Dubai:
- Applicant’s colour photograph - photographs must be recent.
- Applicant's passport copy - the passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time you will apply for the visa and granting of visa.
- Original application form are available online from the following places:
-- Going in person to UAE embassy in Ottawa 125 Boteler St. Ottawa, ON K1N 0A4. The phone number of the UAE embassy in Ottawa is 613 565 7272 and Hours of Operation are Monday – Friday: 08:30 to 15:30 .
-- Downloading it from UAE embassy website in Ottawa.
-- Airline websites like Emirates.com or etihad.com.
-- General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affair website.
- If you are being sponsored you need Sponsor’s passport copy with UAE residence visa page copy.
- You will need an address where you will be staying in Dubai.
- If you are being sponsored you will also need Sponsor’s labor contract and service letter.
- If the Sponsor is self employed you will need his/her trade license copy.
- If you are flying on any of UAE airlines such as emirates, you will need Emirates ticket number and dates of travel.
Once you have submitted a visitor visa application with all the required documents, it does not take long for the visa to be issued. From my experience with getting a visa from the airlines, it takes about five working days.