First you will have to open your Outlook Express and select Tools.
From the drop down menu select Accounts.
A new window will open on your screen with different tabs; click on the Mail tab and select Add New.
A Display Name field will be viewed by you, in which you have to type your name.
After typing, click the Next button
Next page will ask you to type in your Email address. Besides that, you will also have to type in the information stated below:
- In My Incoming mail server section type: Select POP3 from the drop down menu.
- In Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server section type: Type pop.mail.yahoo.com
- In Outgoing mail (SMTP) server section type: Type smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Then type your account name, password and do not forget to check Remember password checkbox. Now click Finish.
Again below the Mail tab select pop.mail.yahoo.com and then click Properties and then Server tab.
A page will open in which you will have to check My server requires authentication checkbox.
After selecting the Advance tab type in the information given below:
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) field type: 465
- Check box This server requires a secure connection (SSL) has to be checked.
- In Incoming mail (POP3) field type 995.
Then click OK and close Outlook Express
Reopen your Outlook Express account and click send and receive