Whether you are closing shop, relocating to another country, or leaving an organization, it is important to notify and communicate the same to your clients. Being a professional, it is not only your responsibility to inform them of such developments but also help them find replacements or alternatives if they rely on you.
When you are writing such an email, you will need to mix up a lot of things, including the farewell, appreciation, advice, suggestions and help with finding a replacement. In this guide we will tell you how to do all this and write a professional goodbye email to clients. A sample and a template are also provided for further reference.
Tips for Writing a Professional Goodbye Email to Clients
- Ideally you should be sending this email a few weeks in advance
- Maintain a professional tone throughout the email
- Clarify why you are moving, closing or leaving a business
- Appreciate your clients for their business
- Suggest alternates and offer help
- Sign off on a friendly note