It was in the late 1990’s when Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai realized Dubai faced the issue of beach front shortage. A sketch was made of the palm tree and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid realized this will add to the area. After the construction gets completed, it will add 520 kms of shoreline space.
The construction of the first island, Palm Jumeirah, was started in 2001 followed by Palm Jebel Ali. It was after 3 years that the development work on Palm Deira was announced, in 2004. The construction and land reclamation work was estimated to take 10-15 years but now after the global recession that has also hit Dubai, the work may be prolonged.
Palm Trilogy Prominent Features
- Spectacular view, i.e. once all three palms are done, each island will be shaped like a palm tree. All three of them will not only have residential complexes but leisure and entertainment outlets as well.
- Best hoteling experience: 32 hotels are being constructed on Palm Jumeirah. Some of them have already been constructed, including Atlantis, The Palm.
- Palm Jebel Ali is planned to have 6 marinas and a water theme park among other things.
The Palm Jumeirah is surrounded by many nearby attractions. A list of them is given below:
- One & Only Royal Mirage Dubai is a beach resort that is famous for its exemplary services, luxurious rooms and intricate architecture.
- Habtoor Grand Resort and Spa is only 1.6 kms away and provides various spa treatments besides being a busy and reputed beach resort.
- Middlesex University Dubai has a purpose-built campus in which different grad and under-grad courses are offered.
- Madinat Jumeirah is also situated close by, having 44 restaurants and bars, private beach, healthclub, well-furnished rooms and a host of other facilities.
- Burj al Arab is close to the Palm Trilogy. This sail shaped work of grand architecture has impressed many by what it has to offer.
- Dubai Internet City was opened in 2000 near the Palm Trilogy and has grown tremendously since then, now becoming one of the largest software and information technology parks.
How to Contact Palm Trilogy
In case any information is required about Palm Trilogy; its builders, Nakheel Properties, can be contacted on the phone number listed below.
Telephone: +971 4 390 3333
The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
How to get to Palm Trilogy
There’s no tram station near Palm Trilogy but there’s a bus stop situated nearby; it is called Knowledge Village and buses numbered 8 and 88 run on it. From there, Palm Trilogy is about 1.8 kms away and at a drive of 2 minutes. You will have to hire a cab or take a private car from the bus stop since no public transport plies inside the Palm Trilogy.
From the bus stop, move northeast toward Al Sufouh Rd/D 94 and then turn left onto Al Sufouh Rd/D 94. Take the ramp and then keep left at the fork. Keep right from there and then continue straight before taking the ramp on the left. Continue straight from there and you’ll reach the Palm Jumeirah. View Map.