Through Group Policy
- First you will have to open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + Run altogether.
- In the open field type gpedit.msc and press the OK button.
- A user configuration window will open on your screen showing you a list of applications and programs of the Windows. Drill down and click on the Windows Component option from the sub headings select - Internet Explorer. Next you will have to select Security Features and in the end click on the Add-on Management.
- Another window will open on your screen. On the right side of the page under Settings’ heading double click on “Turn off Adobe Flash in Internet Explorer and prevent applications from using Internet Explorer technology to instantiate Flash objects”.
- Form the radio button you will have to change it to Enable from Not configured.
- To confirm the changes made click OK.
- Again press Windows + R together, type gpupdate /force in the Open field and press OK.
- This will help the updating policy to take an effect on your PC. But do keep one thing in mind; the method of Group Policy will always take priority over what is specified in the interface.
Through Internet Explorer
- First you will have to launch the Desktop version of Internet Explorer.
- When the Internet Explorer’s window opens drag your cursor towards the gear icon and click it.
- From the drop down menu select Manage add-ons.
- A small window will appear on your screen. Under the heading show click on the Currently loaded add-ons, and select All Add-ons from the menu.
- On right side of the window under Microsoft Windows 3rd Party Component click on the Shockwave Flash Object.
- Next you will have to click the disable button.
- That’s it your Flash has been disabled.