If you have a lead foot there are a couple of tips that you can follow in order to avoid getting speeding tickets.
1. Don’t speed! This is an obvious tip that can sometimes be hard to follow. If you have a need for speed this can sometimes be difficult. But the fact of the matter is if you don’t speed you cannot get caught.
2. Make sure you are familiar with the speed limit in the state that you are driving in. Remember, every state has a different maximum speed limit.
3. Be aware of stretches of highway where the speed limit changes unexpectedly. Often time you will come across a long stretch of highway with a 70 mile per hour speed limit. But before you know it, the speed limit has dropped to 55. By keeping your eyes open for speed limit signs you can avoid this trap.
4. Watch for approaching areas that would be perfect for a speed trap. This includes at the bottom of hills, as well as around bends. These are two common places that cops like to hide.
5. A radar detector is a great way to warn you of approaching danger. Radar detectors are not legal in every state, so make sure that you are familiar with the laws in each state that you are driving in.
Speeding tickets can be very expensive depending on how fast you are clocked. Follow the tips that are listed above, and keep the money for yourself.