In 1855, the building was being used as a music hall by the name of Rose and Crown Music Hall. Before the location was opened as Greenwich Theatre in 1969, the building was named as Royal Borough Theatre of Varieties in 1879 and Greenwich Hippodrome in 1897. Architect B Meeking’s designed the Greenwhich theatre beautifully with 421 seating capacity along with an open thrust.
Hundreds of dramatic works has been showcased in Greenwich Theatre. And several of its students have acquired large-scale recognition. As time passed, this world of arts and entertainment flourished and collaborated with many companies. The plays performed in Greenwich Theatre are also released on DVDs.
Things to do at Greenwich Theatre:
- Greenwich has an extensive range of costume collection for all age groups. You can hire one according to your requirement.
- The venue can also be hired by people who intend to make use of the precious stage and show their artistic and creative skills.
- Workshops are scheduled at the theatre so that people who are not aware of the actual knowledge of performing arts can acquire as much knowledge as they want. Workshops allows children, aged between primary school and 19 years, to become a part of the program.
- Not only for adults, but Children Theatre working under the name of Greenwich Theatre organizes various shows which are not only informative but entertaining as well.
- Comedy plays with the collaboration of cabaret are also scheduled; such plays are considered as the most admirable shows of Greenwich Theatre.
- Emerging artists are also given a chance to showcase their talent in Emerging Artists Season.
- Festivals are organized in which people are given a chance to experience and admire creativity of artists from all perspectives.
- For disabled people, special assistance is available.
For Booking at Greenwich Theatre:
For booking, you can call on the number mentioned below:
Contact: +44 20 8858 7755
For hiring the theatre, use the email address sited below:
For ticket related information, use the following contact information:
Contact: +44 20 8858 4447,
On non performance days which are from Monday till Saturday, the operational timings are between 12:00 noon and 6 PM, while Sunday is closed. On performance days, the timings are between 12:00 noon and curtain up, whereas on Sunday, the timings varies according to the show timings.
Crooms Hill, London SE10 8ES, United Kingdom.
How to reach:
By walk it will take 5 minutes to cover 0.2 mile of distance between the Greenwich Theatre and the Cutty Sark Pier Stop. Commence in the east direction on the A200. Take a right turn on the Greenwich Church St/A206 in order to cover 0.1 mile distance between the two locations. Cover 52 feet distance on the Nevada St and then you will reach Greenwich Theatre. For a detailed view of the route, take help from this Link.
Greenwich, Greenwich High Road Roan St (Stop H) is the nearest bus stop -you will have to take route number 177, 180, 199 or 386 in order to be dropped at the closest location.