ETA visa application
There are only a few types of individuals who are exempt from the ETA visa system. This includes citizens of Singapore, citizens of Maldives and crew members of airlines and ships. The remaining applicants must go through the system for a visa.
Here is the process for applying through ETA:
- Click Here and go to the ETA website.
- Once you are on the site click on the Apply button. This will take you to a Terms and Conditions page which you need to agree to before proceeding.
- Once you agree you will sent to the application form which you need to fill out completely.
- Once the application is completed you will need to pay the relevant visa fee depending on if you are applying for a single or a group visa. This will be done through credit card or an online enabled debit card.
-You will receive a confirmation receipt which has a tracking number on it. This can be used to check on approval of visa through the ETA website here. You may also call the ETA hot-line at 0094 71 99 67 888.
- Print out the confirmation and keep it with you to present at the airport on entry. You will also need to present this at the airport along with a valid passport for six months, funds to sustain stay in Sri Lanka and a return ticket.
Visa application through Overseas mission
You can also apply for a short visit visa through the Overseas Missions of Sri Lanka. In London, you can head on over to the High Commission:
Visit High Commission for Sri Lanka website
- Fill out the visa application form and submit it to the mission along with the required fee and your passport. Click Here to see what fees apply according to the type of visa. You can be issued an ETA of 30 days and a short visit visa of 90 days.
- Once you hand in the documents and payment you should receive your visa with in 3 days. You will be given a reference number when you submit the application and this should be kept with you to track the visa process.
- You can track the visa through ETA or on their hot-line.
-After three days you will receive a notice and can collect your documents form the Overseas Mission.
Remember to keep the ETA approval with you and show it at the point of entry. You will also be asked to give proof of sufficient funds for your stay, a passport that is valid for the next six months and a confirmed ticket back to your country of origin.