Rosemary Leek Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield : 06 Servings
2 pounds russet potatoes cut into quarters
1 small leek, white part only, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely-chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 Tablespoons chicken broth
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
2 Tablespoons nonfat milk or buttermilk
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Take a large pot, add some salt to it. Now put the potatoes inside it and bring the water to boil. Reduce the flame from medium high to medium and allow the potatoes to cook for 20 minutes more.
- Place a pan on heat, add some oil to it and sauté the leeks until they become tender and golden. Add in the prescribed amounts of garlic and rosemary and stir cook for about two minutes.
- Introduce chicken stock to the mix and keep on stir cooking for about 2 more minutes. After that, remove the pan from the flame.
- Drain the potatoes. Mash them in a bowl and introduce the pan contents to it. Combine all the ingredients well.
Creamy Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield : 10-12 Servings
3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
2 Tablespoon chopped rosemary or 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons kosher salt
16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, crushed
6 ounces grated Parmesan
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large saucepan which will be used for boiling. Add water to a level such that all the potatoes are covered with it and then introduce a pinch of salt, before boiling over medium high flame. One the water boils, reduce the heat to medium.
- Heat the garlic in another saucepan, add the rosemary, and set aside after the mixture starts to simmer.
- Drain the potatoes, mash them and add the garlic-cream-rosemary mixture and Parmesan. Combine the constituents well till a thick consistency is achieved.