Things to do at Wimbledon Village Stables
Wimbledon Village Stables offers a variety of services in order to provide their customers with full riding package. They offer an exclusive membership with unique discounts, a range of lessons and courses, facilities for riders of all levels and abilities, and 3000 miles of stunning countryside to ride. The various services are given below:
Their amazing riding experiences include:
- One hour rides (hacks): Especially designed to further polish the riding abilities of members with a basic knowhow of riding.
- One hour training hacks: The instructors train riders while hacking to help improve their control on the horse.
- One hour class lessons: Provides an ideal opportunity to warm up for your lesson and get to know your horse.
- One hour private ride or lesson: Various lessons are tailored to suit your riding skills and personal objectives.
- One hour private lesson for beginners: As the name represents, it is for novice riders who are taught with an instructor leading them, or riding beside them.
- Semi-private Ride or lesson: For those customers who wish to ride with a friend or partner.
- Two hour riding sessions: Conducted on weekdays in order to provide the rider with an opportunity to spend a longer time in the arena.
- Two hour rides to Richmond Park: A two hour ride session to go privately or semi-privately if you wish.
The Wimbledon Village Stables also organizes events for their members, including jumping lessons, dressage competitions, musical rides and day rides etc.
Training & Courses
They offer a unique series of Riding Courses and Horse Care Courses in addition to recognized BHS Courses.
Children’s lessons and rides
The helpful, caring, and well-informed staff of the riding club provides young riders various opportunities to learn and grow. Progress Awards are distributed among children who concentrate well during the lessons and achieve the desired goals. Holiday Courses are offered for those children who do not get time for riding due to their tough educational schedule.
Wimbledon Village Stables plans riding programs according to different age groups of children:
- Lead Rein Lessons (Riding Levels 1 – 2): From the age of 5 years children can take ½ hr lead rein lessons.
- Ride and Lead Lessons (Riding Levels 2 – 3): Children with basic knowledge of riding can avail this package in order to enjoy lessons with their instructor leading the pony.
- Class Lessons (Riding Levels 4 – 5): For older children who are able to ride confidently in all paces.
Wimbledon Village Stables’ quality of horses and knowledge of professional trainers come together to offer an exceptional membership program for all their regular riders, including elders and children. The two types of memberships offered by Wimbledon Village Stables are given below:
The ultimate aim of this Members Club is to provide their member an in-depth learning experience in every aspect of horse care and horse riding. Wimbledon Village Stables offers three categories of membership which are as given below:
- Gold Membership- for weekend riders
- Silver Membership - for weekday riders
- Associate Membership - entitles you to riding at discounted Member’s Prices
Click and find out more about Wimbledon Village Stables Membership
Wimbledon Village Stables has worked out a Junior Membership scheme so that they can give priority to their junior member who would like to ride with them on a regular basis.
Wimbledon Village Stables remains closed on Monday. However the timings for other days of the week are; On Tuesdays, they open at 9.00 am,10.15 am and 11.30 am while from Wednesdays to Sundays, it is open from 9.00 am, 10.15 am, 11.30 am and 2.00 pm.
How to get to Wimbledon Village Stables
Wimbledon tube station can be an easy option for you to visit Wimbledon Village Stables as it is just 0.6 miles away - which is hardly 15 minutes walk. Simply head southwest on Alexandra Rd/B235 towards Wimbledon Bridge/A219 and then turn right onto Wimbledon Hill Rd/A219. Now, continue to follow A219 until you find Wimbledon Village Stables on the left side. View Map.
If you are not in the mood to use the tube, then simply get into bus number 93 and reach VillageRose & Crown (Stop D). This bus stop is just 454 feet away from Wimbledon Village Stables and takes one minute to walk from here. Head East on High St/A219 towards Lancaster Rd and find your destination on the left.