So, the girl or guy you’ve been seeing is finally coming to your place for dinner, and you want to make something tasty to impress them, but not spend all your time cooking. After all, you have a guest to entertain, you don’t want to be jumping up every five minutes to stir, flip, or check on something. You have wine to pour and charm to exhibit, for goodness sake!
This meal is perfect for these situations for a few reasons. For starters, it’s quite tasty and hearty, a great “fall” meal, with apples, sweet potatoes, and a bunch of great seasonings that work well together. It also isn’t complicate at all, as preparations will take most folks only about fifteen minutes (or less). The best part? Once the limited preparation is done, all you have to do is sit back, relax, pour that wine, sit back with your honey, and wait an hour for the meal to cook. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
There are few foods more satisfying than a nice piece of pork. This recipe starts with a boneless pork tenderloin, and adds the tang of barbecue sauce and the sweet/sour combination of green apples. Compliment that with a side of sweet potatoes, cubed with a delicious combination of seasonings, including the very “fall” combination of cinnamon and nutmeg, and you’re in for quite a meal. Pair this with a pre-dinner salad, and you’ve got an easy to make, tasty meal to impress the future Mr. or Mrs. You.
Apple Barbecue Pork Tenderloins
2 boneless pork tenderloins
Barbecue Sauce (I used a very tasty Apple-Butter Barbecue Sauce)
2 medium-sized green apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Trim any fat from defrosted pork tenderloin. Place pork in glass baking dish spaced slightly apart.
3. Pour barbecue sauce over pork tenderloins liberally, coating tenderloins completely.
4. Core and thinly slice apples. Place the apple slices on top of the pork.
5. Bake at 350 for approximately one hour, until pork is cooked throughout and apples are soft.
Sweet Potato Cubes
2 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp Ground pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. In a covered bowl or Ziploc bag, combine cubed potatoes, oil, and seasonings. Shake or stir well until potatoes are coated with oil/seasoning mixture.
3. Pour coated potato cubes into a glass baking dish. Bake at 350 for approximately one hour, until potatoes are soft and slightly browned.
Feel free to adjust the seasonings in this recipe to taste…the only limitation is your imagination.