Almost every superstore has at least one small seafood section, from where you can easily get fish and crabs. With the passage of time, people have started showing more in crabs. They are available in different kinds, like packaged in the refrigerated food case.
Making a crab salad is not as tricky as it looks. It has a long history though. As per the fresh researches, it dates back to the early 1990s. It is believed that Crab Louie was firstly served at Solari’s in San Francisco in 1904.
There is no need to buy a crab, and prepare it later by yourself. These days, crabs are available in many advanced forms. Just go to the market, and buy ready-made stuff. One of the best things is imitation crab.
Those who cannot eat shellfish can enjoy imitation crab also known as surimi. It is made from fish, and tastes very good. Imitation crab can served as salad and sandwich spread.
Making imitation crab seafood salad is not a tough thing to do. It is very healthy, and does not feel heavy on stomach. A lot of people enjoy mostly vegetable salads, but this food is entirely different. You can always use this to get a different taste. There are plenty of ways to make the crab salad, and here will discuss one of them.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 02
Utensils: Bowl, Spoons, Kitchen Towel Paper, Chopper, Knife
– 1/2 pound imitation crab (surimi – see Note), chopped and shredded
– 1/2 cup finely-chopped sweet onion
– 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
– 1/4 cup finely-chopped dill pickle
– 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
– 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
– 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
– 1/8 teaspoon white pepper or to taste
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise or to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
– 1 Tablespoon chopped chives