The concept behind Dubai Marina is to have a ‘city within a city’ on an area of about 578ha. It was in 1999 when Emaar Properties gave HOK the task to develop its master plan. Since the place was going to be built from scratch, with a motorway on one side of it and beachfront on the other, Emaar properties and HOK had a lot of difficulties to face.
However, they also had the freedom to create the city they had envisioned. A hallmark of architectural design and creativity, the first phase of Dubai Marina’s construction has been completed.
Things to do at Dubai Marina
- There are many recreational spots that can be visited once the marina is completely built, including parks, retail shops and community centres.
- Restaurants and cafes are planned to be constructed to give the residents a true feel of the urban culture.
- A large central waterway is also in the works, with a 15 m wide strip of land around it, giving people the chance to be closer to water.
Dubai Marina is surrounded by various attractions including beach resorts, recreational avenues and restaurants.
- Habtoor Grand Resort and Spa is about 2 kms away from Dubai Marina and a beach resort that aims to provide luxury and excellent services in one package.
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa is at 6 minutes walking distance from Dubai Marina, making it an ideal place to visit for its exemplary restaurants, spa treatments and other amenities.
- Skydive Dubai is within a 3 km radius of Dubai Marina. If you’re around the area and feel adventurous, visit Skydive for an adrenaline pumping experience.
- Ritz Carlton is just a few minutes walk away from Dubai Marina. It’s grand interior and swimming pools are a treat and many people visit it for its Mediterranean touch.
- Dubai Internet City is next in line in this prime location of Jumeriah Beach front.
Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
How to Get to Dubai Marina
Since the nearest metro station is about 6 km away on foot, the best option would be to get to Dubai Marina by bus. The nearest bus stop is Dubai Marina Tower 1 and F37 is the bus number that runs on this route. It is just 300 m away and at a walk of 4 minutes. Just move northeast and turn left to get to Dubai Marina. View Map.