How to Get License for Two Wheeler in London

Likewise in other states and cities the government of London also takes strict action against the two wheeler drivers who not being registered are driving freely on the roads of London. Though the rules of applying a license for a two wheeler are different but if you are an owner of a car driving license then you can drive a motor bike as well, but if you only have a two wheeler license then you are not allowed to drive any other vehicle. But there is a CBT certificate, which stands for Compulsory Basic Training, according to the law of England this certificate makes you license valid, without this certificate your license is not valid. A full moped license allows a driver to drive a two wheeler but make sure you are above the age of 17.


  • 1

    In order to apply for a two wheeler you will first have to give a theory test before the practical test. This test is valid for two years and you can give it any time. The test is of total 57 minutes in which you will be asked to answer few multiple choices along with some video clips questions. You can buy the theory test quiz book form any book seller in London for £7, they also sell CD-ROM for £15. If you wish to give an online test then this is organized b DVLA, you can give your online test form Free Online Theory Two Wheeler Driving Test. The passing mark of the test is 43 out of 50 marks. If you wish to give a theory test at the DVLA center then the fee is £20.50 and the office is open for the tests form 9:00 am to 4:15 or 6:15 pm from Mondays till Fridays, while on Saturdays it is opened from 9:00 am till 12:15 pm.

  • 2

    You will be told about the test result right away so you can give the practical driving test any time with in 2 years. To acquire a full motor cycle license, the licensing agency will take the practical test on any motorbike which comes between 75cc and 125cc. if you pass this test you will have to ride a two wheeler that is up to 25KW and the power weight ratio should not exceed 0.16 KW/Kg. After two years you will be allowed to drive any sort two wheeler.

  • 3

    If you do not have a CBT certificate or even if you have but you wish to give a practical driving test the two wheeler agencies mentioned below will facilitate you with both of the facilities.

    a) Sutton Motor Cycle Training

    b) Get Bike

    c) Off The Kerb Motorcycle Training

    d) Moto-pass (Motorcycle Training)

  • 4

    After the test the agency will let you know when you can find out your results. Make sure when you go for the practical test do bring few important documents which includes your birth certificate, identity card and passport size photographs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

one + 8 =